Posted to dev@ws.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@apache.org> on 2009/03/06 03:32:04 UTC

[VOTE FAILED] Release XmlSchema 1.4.4

Folks,

According to procedure, the vote to release XmlSchema 1.4.4 has
failed, since it received no votes at all, let alone the necessary 3.

Before I go and delete the tag and revert the release notes and such,
I thought I'd send one more reminder. If Glen or others want this
release, perhaps you could rustle up a few voters?

--benson

Re: [VOTE FAILED] Release XmlSchema 1.4.4

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Fady,

The vote system is standard across the ASF. For legal reasons, I, as
release manager, cannot push a release to the official Apache servers
unless the Project Management Committee has authorized me to do so, As
far as I know, that absolutely requires some positive evidence of
approval. I can't just put up a message saying, 'continued silence
will lead to a release'.

--benson