Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Gavin Estey <ga...@estey.com> on 2004/04/22 02:53:20 UTC

Adding a new whitelist feature

Hi there,

I'm just dipping into SA development and have a few questions. I'd like
to add a feature where I could do something like:

whitelist_from_db_domain /etc/mail/all_local_domains.db
whitelist_from_db_addr /etc/mail/all_sent_addrs.db

This would check the DB_File specified as part of the whitelisting
process. The "domain" version has just a domain, and the "addr" version
has a complete email address.

The reason for this is that I'd like to whitelist all local users *and*
all users that have been sent an email recently. This would be several
thousand or so emails and I think using a DBM instead of multiple
whitelist_from lines (which have the added slowness of being regexps).

I was wondering if this seems like a sensible idea and secondly whether
this should be a plugin or not? I had a quick look at the new Plugins
for 3.0 and was wondering if this would be a better idea.

Gavin.