Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Yi-Wen Liu <yi...@usc.edu> on 2015/10/30 23:30:51 UTC

cTAKES job on UIMA DUCC

Hi,

I am trying to run cTAKES on UIMA DUCC, and when writing the job file I
have several questions, hope somebody can help, thanks!

When I checked sample job file in
$DUCC_HOME/exmples/sampleapps/descriptors, their CM, CR, CC and AE look
like Java classpath, not xml files.
For example,
driver_descriptor_CR    org.apache.uima.ducc.sampleapps.DuccJobCasCR
process_descriptor_CM   org.apache.uima.ducc.sampleapps.DuccCasCM
process_descriptor_AE   org.apache.uima.ducc.sampleapps.DuccSampleAE
process_descriptor_CC   org.apache.uima.ducc.sampleapps.DuccCasCC

But when I checked DUCC document, for example, CR, it said
"--driver_descriptor_CR [descriptor.xml]" should be the XML descriptor for
the Collection Reader.
And I didn't find any similar descriptor classpath in cTAKES, only xml
files for CR,CC and AE.

So my question is, what should be specified for CM, CR, CC and AE in DUCC
job file?

Thanks,
Yi-Wen

Re: cTAKES job on UIMA DUCC

Posted by Eddie Epstein <ea...@gmail.com>.
Hi Yi-Wen,

DUCC offers the same resolve options as UIMA for descriptors, by location
or by name.
The documentation from
http://uima.apache.org/d/uima-ducc-2.0.0/duccbook.html#x1-310003.5
is repeated below:

When searching for UIMA XML resource files such as descriptors, DUCC
searches either the filesystem or Java classpath according to the following
rules: 1. If the resource ends in .xml it is assumed the resource is a file
in the filesystem and the path is either an absolute path or a path
relative to the specified working directory. 2. If the resource does not
end in .xml, it is assumed the resource is in the Java classpath. DUCC
creates a resource name by replacing the ”.” separators with ”/” and
appending ”.xml”.
Regards,
Eddie