Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Chris Ackford <ch...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/13 11:25:16 UTC

[users@httpd] vhosts

okay ive tryed myself but i cant get it to work ... i would like *.domain.com to go to the retropective folder i cant work out how :/ thanks for your help :)

chris

Re: [users@httpd] vhosts

Posted by Agus <ag...@gmail.com>.
2007/9/13, Phillip Hamilton <ph...@myarchive.biz>:

> Then it'd be Apache, by Microsoft. And nobody wants that
>
> ;)

Jaja...Apache by Microsoft....very funny...

Now, Chris, if u could explain a little more what are u trying to do, what
you want to do and what errors are u getting...maybe we could help u...

Cheers,
Agustin

RE: [users@httpd] vhosts

Posted by "McDougall, Marshall (FSH)" <Ma...@gov.mb.ca>.

Sorry, make that 2 unique ip's, not one.

RE: [users@httpd] vhosts

Posted by Phillip Hamilton <ph...@myarchive.biz>.
Like it says in the docs the previous guy sent you to, just a vhost domain
is all you need.
Not an entirely new config file.

Re: [users@httpd] vhosts

RE: [users@httpd] vhosts

Posted by Phillip Hamilton <ph...@myarchive.biz>.

Re: [users@httpd] vhosts

Posted by Chris Ackford <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: [users@httpd] vhosts

Posted by Jeff Pang <pa...@gmx.de>.
-------- Original-Nachricht --------

Re: [users@httpd] vhosts

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 9/13/07, Chris Ackford <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> oh, i thought $1 was a variable :/

It can be if you use the VirtualDocumentRoot directive provided by
mod_vhost_alias. (Actually, you would use %1, not $1.)

I'm not sure why you keep going for the run-around here. I've already
provided you with the link
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/mass.html
which describes exactly how to do what you want.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] vhosts

Posted by Chris Ackford <ch...@gmail.com>.
i think so :)

Re: [users@httpd] vhosts

Posted by Chris Ackford <ch...@gmail.com>.
oh, i thought $1 was a variable :/

RE: [users@httpd] vhosts

Re: [users@httpd] vhosts

Posted by Chris Ackford <ch...@gmail.com>.

RE: [users@httpd] Investigating Apache processes

Posted by "McDougall, Marshall (FSH)" <Ma...@gov.mb.ca>.

If you are running Linux just do:

"ps -ef|grep httpd" to get the pid and then
"lsof -p PID_FROM_ABOVE"
And that should produce a list of all the files that httpd is using at
that moment.

Regards, Marshall

RE: [users@httpd] Investigating Apache processes

Posted by Ge...@gta-travel.com.
The reply is a bit late for your problem now, but another good way is to
to use strace to attach to the apache process that is consuming the most
resources at a particular time. It will give you absolutely loads of
information.

Regards

RE: [users@httpd] vhosts

Posted by Phillip Hamilton <ph...@myarchive.biz>.
Perhaps if you read realy, really slowly. But this is getting OT.
The point of the matter is that his server is still offline and he has yet
"finger it out" after being sent to the correct place to learn.

Hence my saying "just give it here and lemme do it".

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

RE: [users@httpd] vhosts

Posted by Phillip Hamilton <ph...@myarchive.biz>.
Joshua, that link was in the first email he got when he asked :)

Chris,

If you need someone to just do it for you, post exactly what you're wanting
along with a real directory structure.
One of us will just code it and you can plug it in.

Re: [users@httpd] vhosts

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.

Re: [users@httpd] vhosts

Posted by Victor Trac <vi...@gmail.com>.
On 9/13/07, Chris Ackford <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  okay ive tryed myself but i cant get it to work ... i would like
> *.domain.com to go to the retropective folder i cant work out how :/ thanks
> for your help :)
>

> chris

http://www.google.com/search?q=apache+vhosts

--Victor