Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Delos <da...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/04 15:00:49 UTC

[VOTE] GEP 2.2 release - RC1

Hi everyone, Please review and vote on the release of the Geronimo Eclipse
Plugin 2.2 RC1.

The deployable zip file is here:

---->
http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC1/staging_site/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.2.0-deployable.zip

The update site zip file is here:

---->
http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC1/staging_site/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.2.0-updatesite.zip

The current svn location is here (revision number 894784):

---->
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/branches/2.2

The future svn location will be here (when approved):

---->
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/tags/2.2

If you would like to review and/or comment on the release notes, they are
here:

---->
http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC1/staging_site/PLUGIN_RELEASE-NOTES-2.2.txt

There is a rudimentary set of install instructions available at the URL
below that will hopefully describe the necessary prereq(s) and steps
required to install and run the GEP:

---->
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/how-to-install-geronimo-eclipse-plugin.html

In an effort to get more people to review and vote I'd recommend going
through this quick but useful tutorial demonstrating some of the
capabilities of the GEP:

---->
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/5-minute-tutorial-on-enterprise-application-development-with-eclipse-and-geronimo.html

Finally, I've created a Staging Site that can be used to test the update
manager functions (i.e., p2 in Ganymede or Galileo) of Eclipse for
downloading the GEP itself. This is also documented in the instructions, but
you must use the staging site created for this vote at:

---->
http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC1/staging_site/updates/

Please let me know if there are any questions and/or problems. The vote is
open for 72 hours and will conclude on Thuresday (Jan 7,2010) at 9:00 AM ET.

[ ] +1  Release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.2
[ ] +0  No opinion
[ ] -1  Don't release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.2

Thanks in advance!

--
Best Regards,

Delos

Re: [VOTE] GEP 2.2 release - RC1

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 10:00 PM, Delos <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone, Please review and vote on the release of the Geronimo Eclipse
> Plugin 2.2 RC1.
>
> The deployable zip file is here:
>
> ---->
> http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC1/staging_site/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.2.0-deployable.zip
>
> The update site zip file is here:
>
> ---->
> http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC1/staging_site/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.2.0-updatesite.zip
>
> The current svn location is here (revision number 894784):
>
> ---->
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/branches/2.2
>
> The future svn location will be here (when approved):
>
> ---->
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/tags/2.2
>
> If you would like to review and/or comment on the release notes, they are
> here:
>
> ---->
> http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC1/staging_site/PLUGIN_RELEASE-NOTES-2.2.txt

This file is not available, please correct it.
Not Found

The requested URL
/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC1/staging_site/PLUGIN_RELEASE-NOTES-2.2.txt
was not found on this server.
------------------------------
Apache/2.2.13 (Unix) DAV/2 mod_ssl/2.2.13 OpenSSL/0.9.8e Server at
people.apache.org Port 80

--
Shawn

Re: [VOTE] GEP 2.2 release - RC1

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
I scanned the source with RAT and found a number of issues. They must be fixed prior to a release. So, here's my -1.

The following files are missing apache source license headers. Most of them will require a header.

 !????? ./plugins/about.html
 !????? ./plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.core/schema/JAXBUtilsProvider.exsd
 !????? ./plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.core/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/st/core/jaxb/IJAXBUtilsProvider.java
 !????? ./plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.core/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/st/core/operations/GeronimoAccountManager.java
 !????? ./plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.ui/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/st/ui/refactoring/DeploymentPlanEditHelper.java
 !????? ./plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.ui/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/st/ui/refactoring/DeploymentPlanHandler.java
 !????? ./plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.ui/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/st/ui/refactoring/DeploymentPlanTextNode.java
 !????? ./plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.ui/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/st/ui/refactoring/GeronimoProjectRenameParticipant.java
 !????? ./plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.ui/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/st/ui/refactoring/MovedTextFileChange.java
 !????? ./plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.ui/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/st/ui/wizards/ManageAccountWizard.java
 !????? ./plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.v21.ui/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/st/v21/ui/sections/DBPoolSection.java
 !????? ./plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.v21.ui/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/st/v21/ui/sections/SecurityRealmSection.java
 !????? ./plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.v21.ui/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/st/v21/ui/wizards/DBPoolWizard.java
 !????? ./plugins/org.apache.geronimo.st.v21.ui/src/main/java/org/apache/geronimo/st/v21/ui/wizards/SecurityRealmWizard.java
 !????? ./testsuite/plugins/org.apache.geronimo.testsuite.v22/schema/testCases.exsd

It looks like a number of new files do not have the svn property eol-style=native. They show up on my system with DOS CR/LF chars. Please see http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDEV/subversion-client-configuration.html for information about configuring your svn client. Fixing these files is not mandatory, but is a good idea.

I'm running a test build, now. Will also test installation.

--kevan

Re: [VOTE] GEP 2.2 release - RC1

Posted by Ivan <xh...@gmail.com>.
With deployable assembly, I could install it to a clean Eclipse 3.5 and
configure a server rumtime for 2.2, it seems to work well for me !

+1

--
Ivan

Re: [VOTE] GEP 2.2 release - RC1

Posted by Delos <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards,

Delos

Re: [VOTE] GEP 2.2 release - RC1

Posted by Rex Wang <rw...@gmail.com>.
+1
thanks!

2010/1/4 Delos <da...@gmail.com>

> Hi everyone, Please review and vote on the release of the Geronimo Eclipse
> Plugin 2.2 RC1.
>
> The deployable zip file is here:
>
> ---->
> http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC1/staging_site/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.2.0-deployable.zip
>
> The update site zip file is here:
>
> ---->
> http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC1/staging_site/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.2.0-updatesite.zip
>
> The current svn location is here (revision number 894784):
>
> ---->
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/branches/2.2
>
> The future svn location will be here (when approved):
>
> ---->
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/tags/2.2
>
> If you would like to review and/or comment on the release notes, they are
> here:
>
> ---->
> http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC1/staging_site/PLUGIN_RELEASE-NOTES-2.2.txt
>
> There is a rudimentary set of install instructions available at the URL
> below that will hopefully describe the necessary prereq(s) and steps
> required to install and run the GEP:
>
> ---->
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/how-to-install-geronimo-eclipse-plugin.html
>
> In an effort to get more people to review and vote I'd recommend going
> through this quick but useful tutorial demonstrating some of the
> capabilities of the GEP:
>
> ---->
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC22/5-minute-tutorial-on-enterprise-application-development-with-eclipse-and-geronimo.html
>
> Finally, I've created a Staging Site that can be used to test the update
> manager functions (i.e., p2 in Ganymede or Galileo) of Eclipse for
> downloading the GEP itself. This is also documented in the instructions, but
> you must use the staging site created for this vote at:
>
> ---->
> http://people.apache.org/dist/geronimo/eclipse/2.2.0/RC1/staging_site/updates/
>
> Please let me know if there are any questions and/or problems. The vote is
> open for 72 hours and will conclude on Thuresday (Jan 7,2010) at 9:00 AM ET.
>
> [ ] +1  Release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.2
> [ ] +0  No opinion
> [ ] -1  Don't release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.2
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> --
> Best Regards,
>
> Delos

Lei Wang (Rex)
rwonly AT apache.org

Re: [VOTE] GEP 2.2 release - RC1

Posted by "Johannes Weberhofer, Weberhofer GmbH" <of...@weberhofer.at>.
Hi Delos,

I have created http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMODEVTOOLS-599 including a patch for that issue, you could give it a try.

Johannes

Re: [VOTE] GEP 2.2 release - RC1

Posted by Delos <da...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards,

Delos

Re: [VOTE] GEP 2.2 release - RC1

Posted by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] GEP 2.2 release - RC1

Posted by Delos <da...@gmail.com>.
The spaces cause format problem in browser.I will reformat the JIRA list.

--
Best Regards,

Delos

Re: [VOTE] GEP 2.2 release - RC1