Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Adam Hathcock <ad...@ipov.net> on 2003/08/22 18:10:23 UTC

setAuthenicationPreemptive doesn't work with non-null realms

Since it enters null for the realm to look for the Credentials, it
can't find Credentials set for a specified realm.  I don't know if this
is by design, but I worked around it by making another
setAuthenicationPreemptive method with a realm string.  Only works for
a single realm though :)

Adam

Re: setAuthenicationPreemptive doesn't work with non-null realms

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
Hi Adam,

Yes, the problem is that when using preemptive authentication the realm
is not know.  To handle this you can set the credentials on the
HttpState with a null realm.

Mike