Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by 谭军 <ta...@163.com> on 2011/08/07 08:45:20 UTC

How can I know how many mappers created?

Hi,
I just want 2 mappers created to do my job for there are only 2 data nodes.
I think that is the most efficient.
But how can I know how many mappers have been created while doing my job?
Can I do some sets to make it only 2 mappers created and each mapper runs on one node?
Thanks

--

Best regards!

Jun Tan

RE: How can I know how many mappers created?

Posted by Subroto Sanyal <su...@huawei.com>.
Hi Jun,

Request you to go through this link:

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowManyMapsAndReduces

Following configuration may help you :

mapred.min.split.size

mapred.map.tasks (This is just a hint to InputFormat)

But how can I know how many mappers have been created while doing my job?

The implementation of InputFormat actually defines how many Mappers are
going to be in the submitted job.

Can I do some sets to make it only 2 mappers created and each mapper runs on
one node?

The scheduler implementation has the logic to schedule mappers and reducers.

Regards,
Subroto Sanyal

  _____