Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "Pitre, Russell" <RP...@shawmut.com> on 2003/12/17 17:31:35 UTC

[NEWBIE QUESTION]: No Deletion of Emails in queue

Hello All-

Hope everyone is doing well during this fine holiday season.....

First off...I'm using James a personal email server for my
domain.......and that being said to avoid having everyone thinking to
themselves "What the hell is this kid talking about".........Is it
possible to setup James to NOT delete the emails in the queue after a
POP3 client connects.....I want to be able to manage my mail via a
webapp that I intend to build....I set up James to use MySQL which would
be a piece of cake to connect to via a webapp......Has anyone done this
yet? ....

If not, Are there any DEV versions of James with IMAP capabilities which
would allow me to do this,  At least I think it can done!!!!

Cheers!

Russ

Re: [NEWBIE QUESTION]: No Deletion of Emails in queue

Posted by Dick Dowdell <dd...@argsol.com>.
It isn't really James that's deleting mail, it's your POP3 client that
is requesting that James delete mail after it is fetches.  Check the
preference setting on your email client.

Regards,
Dick Dowdell
Argosy Solutions

Posted by Ray Tran <ra...@westhawk.co.uk>.
Hi,
you need to configure the CLIENT not James. James should only
delete messages when told to by the client, and then not until
the POP session ends.

Pitre, Russell wrote:

> Hello All-
>

> Hope everyone is doing well during this fine holiday season.....
>

> First off...I'm using James a personal email server for my
> domain.......and that being said to avoid having everyone thinking to
> themselves "What the hell is this kid talking about".........Is it
> possible to setup James to NOT delete the emails in the queue after a
> POP3 client connects.....I want to be able to manage my mail via a
> webapp that I intend to build....I set up James to use MySQL which would
> be a piece of cake to connect to via a webapp......Has anyone done this
> yet? ....
>

> If not, Are there any DEV versions of James with IMAP capabilities which
> would allow me to do this,  At least I think it can done!!!!
>

> Cheers!
>
> Russ

Ray Tran
Java Software Engineer