Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Arianna Carloni <ar...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/22 11:06:55 UTC

Language pack

Hi there,

I have downloaded OpenOffice 3.4.1 and the Italian Language Pack as I need
to perform spell checks on Italian documents.

I think I am missing a step though, as when I open a text document in
OpenOffice and I try to set the proofing language to Italian it says it's
not installed.

Can you help at all?

Thanks

Arianna

Re: Language pack

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
Arianna Carloni wrote:
> I have downloaded OpenOffice 3.4.1 and the Italian Language Pack as I need
> to perform spell checks on Italian documents.

Why don't you use the Italian version directly? See
http://www.openoffice.org/it/download/

> I think I am missing a step though, as when I open a text document in
> OpenOffice and I try to set the proofing language to Italian it says it's
> not installed.

We have a mailing list for Italian users (in Italian) where we can
better diagnose your problem:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/openoffice-utenti-it/

You might want to reset your user profile, see
http://s.apache.org/profilo ; but if you give more details about what
you installed exactly, we can probably give you better advice.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Language pack

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.
On Wed, 22 May 2013 09:06:55 -0000, Arianna Carloni
<ar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have downloaded OpenOffice 3.4.1 and the Italian Language Pack as I
> need
> to perform spell checks on Italian documents.
>
> I think I am missing a step though, as when I open a text document in
> OpenOffice and I try to set the proofing language to Italian it says it's
> not installed.

try installing the dictionary as an extension from here:

http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/dict-it

the instructions on how to install can be found here:

http://extensions.openoffice.org/en/resources/user/howto_install