Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by SADAT ALI KHAN <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/28 17:14:33 UTC

testing form upload performance

Hi users,             I have an application which uploads pdf forms... an
applet is picks a pdf from the client , zips it and then sends it to the
server... is it possible to simulate this multipart upload  behavior through
jmeter ?...  will the applet download be a problem ?

thanks and regards

Sadat Ali Khan

Re: testing form upload performance

Posted by SADAT ALI KHAN <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi everyone,                    any help regarding this ?

Posted by Mark Rotteveel <ma...@pluton.nl>.
But since the applet/Java does its own network communication, tools and
settings in the browser does not affect the applet. I even think that
the browser delegates the download of the applet to the Java-plugin.

So to record it, configure the proxy in the Java configuration panel.

Mark

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
already asked by tony what protocol does the applet use to upload the file?
If you dont know you'll probably need to run wireshark to see what the
applet is doing ...
if http then it should have got recorded..
regards
deepak

Posted by Tony Lotts <tl...@gmail.com>.
Live HTTP Headers would work in Firefox; however I believe it's a run-time
application (not a web app) that uploads the file.

Posted by Viswanathan Arunachalam <v....@auckland.ac.nz>.

Posted by Tony Lotts <tl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tony Lotts <tl...@gmail.com>.
What protocol does the application under test use to upload the file?

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.