Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by micael <ca...@harbornet.com> on 2002/11/05 22:21:35 UTC

Tomcat Architecture: XML

I am interested in a particular part of the Tomcat architecture, and NOT
the relations between the containers, and the normal development stuff.

The use of xml is what interests me, and I cannot find any stuff on how
this works IN TOMCAT/CATALINA.  I know how xml works.

What I would like to know is how the xml works in relation to the
applications IN TOMCAT/CATALINA.

Is the xml in server.xml used as part of a design pattern using Java
reflection? What about the web.xml? Is the way various xml files are used
pretty standard, or are there great variations in Tomcat, struts, etc.
across the jakarta platforms. I keep trying to find this stuff out, and
have had little luck. I need to know the details before I understand
something.  I hope this is not too dumb of a question.

Micael

have received this transmission in error, please delete the message.  Thank you

Re: Tomcat Architecture: XML

Posted by micael <ca...@harbornet.com>.
Merci monsieur aimable. Mes mercis!

Micael