Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Marco Ambu <ma...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/21 09:42:44 UTC

C++ and gradle

Hi,

I know there is support for gradle (although I have never used it) and
there is support for C++ using makefiles.
Does anyone know if it is possible to use gradle to build C++ projects in
netbeans?

Thanks,
Marco

Re: C++ and gradle

Posted by Scott Palmer <sw...@gmail.com>.
It is possible, however the project view will not show your C++ source files. For that you have to use the Files view.

I would love to see better integration for Gradle-based C++ projects as I often work on projects with a JNI component.

Also the Gradle native builds work with the Visual C++ tools on Windows so you don’t need the awkward and incompatible MinGW tools.  (That I have never ever seen used for a commercial application. )

Scott