Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Maruan Sahyoun <sa...@fileaffairs.de> on 2019/05/30 08:56:01 UTC

Backport Appearance Handler to 2.x

Hi,

I'm looking at backporting the appearance handler approach from 3.0 to 2.x for appearances and also introduce that for
interactive forms as that has proven to be a good approach.

Given that some of the founding APIs for that changed in 3.0 there might be small differences.

IMHO as creating the appearance is not a public API in 2.x (or 3.x) there shouldn't be any issue with that.

WDYT? Am I missing something?

BR
Maruan Sahyoun

Re: Backport Appearance Handler to 2.x

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Am 30.05.2019 um 10:56 schrieb Maruan Sahyoun:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking at backporting the appearance handler approach from 3.0 to 2.x for appearances and also introduce that for
> interactive forms as that has proven to be a good approach.
>
> Given that some of the founding APIs for that changed in 3.0 there might be small differences.
>
> IMHO as creating the appearance is not a public API in 2.x (or 3.x) there shouldn't be any issue with that.
>
> WDYT? Am I missing something?

+1

I also don't see that it would break the API. It may be tricky to port
all the annotation handling code. If successful, then it would be great
because I think we're doing that better that part than several other
projects.

Tilman