Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by dryice <dr...@finebyte.co.uk> on 2008/05/31 14:09:40 UTC

ActiveMQ Ajax demos on Windows Vista/XP Not working for me

I have downloaded ActiveMQ 5.10 and am trying to use the Ajax demos "out of
the box"
The page comes up (.../demo/portfolio/portfolio.html), and the publisher
appears to be working
(http://localhost:8161/demo/portfolioPublish?count=1&refresh=10&stocks=IBMW&stocks=BEAS&stocks=MSFT&stocks=SUNW)
as I can see messages in the console, but I don't get any updates into the
portfolio page.

I am using :
java version "1.6.0-oem"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-oem-b104)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.6.0-oem-b104, mixed mode)

IE: 7.0.6001.18000
on VistaSP1

But have also tried java 1.5 and IE 6 and Firefox 2 on XPSP2
With the same result.

(I did manage to see it working on Lunix Ubunt 7. Firefox 2)

I am assuming this is something dumb I am doing here but its a clean install
so I can't see what.

Occasionally the webserver does lock up (no responses from any pages) and I
have to kill the whole process

Thanks for any help