Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by "Satpathy, Rahul" <Ra...@ca.com> on 2010/05/19 10:15:50 UTC

Persistence Message Store Plug-in for C++

Hi QPID Dev Team

	We have a requirement of creating a persistence message store
plug-in in C++ like that of Berkley DB.  We have our own message queues
implementation which we want to use as a plug-in to QPID . The
documentation available online does not talk much about how to develop
third party message store plug-ins.  Do you have some documentation /
standards which the third party message store plug-in should implement /
adhere to ? It would be really useful if those documents can be shared .

Thanks & Regards

Rahul Satpathy
Software Developer
CA Technologies
Mbl: +91-9963027925
@ http://the-rebel-speaks.blogspot.com/

Re: Persistence Message Store Plug-in for C++

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 05/19/2010 12:51 PM, Steve Huston wrote:
> Hi Rahul,
>
>> 	We have a requirement of creating a persistence message
>> store plug-in in C++ like that of Berkley DB.  We have our
>> own message queues implementation which we want to use as a
>> plug-in to QPID . The documentation available online does not
>> talk much about how to develop third party message store
>> plug-ins.  Do you have some documentation / standards which
>> the third party message store plug-in should implement /
>> adhere to ? It would be really useful if those documents can
>> be shared .
>
> The plug-in should adhere to the interface in
> qpid/cpp/src/qpid/store/StorageProvider.h. The sources in that directory
> are set up to offer a variety of storage providers that can be selected
> at run time. You can check the ms_sql directory under there for the
> current Windows SQL-based implementation.
>
> There is some documentation for how this works, but the web site is not
> too functional at this point. Try to make progress with the code and its
> comments. If you have any questions, feel free to ask back here.

One thing to be aware of is that the APIs/ABIs for broker plugins are in
no way stable at this point and are likely to undergo some changes.

However having more input on that would be good and your involvement
would be very much welcomed.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

RE: Persistence Message Store Plug-in for C++

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Rahul,

> 	We have a requirement of creating a persistence message
> store plug-in in C++ like that of Berkley DB.  We have our
> own message queues implementation which we want to use as a
> plug-in to QPID . The documentation available online does not
> talk much about how to develop third party message store
> plug-ins.  Do you have some documentation / standards which
> the third party message store plug-in should implement /
> adhere to ? It would be really useful if those documents can
> be shared .

The plug-in should adhere to the interface in
qpid/cpp/src/qpid/store/StorageProvider.h. The sources in that directory
are set up to offer a variety of storage providers that can be selected
at run time. You can check the ms_sql directory under there for the
current Windows SQL-based implementation.

There is some documentation for how this works, but the web site is not
too functional at this point. Try to make progress with the code and its
comments. If you have any questions, feel free to ask back here.

Best regards,
-Steve

--
Steve Huston, Riverace Corporation
Total Lifecycle Support for Your Networked Applications

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org