Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Mohammad Shariq <sh...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/29 13:33:20 UTC

How to disable Phonetic search

I am using solr1.4
When I search for keyword "ansys" I get lot of posts.
but when I search for "ansys NOT ansi" I get nothing.
I guess its because of Phonetic search, "ansys" is converted into "ansi" (
that is NOT keyword) and nothing returns.

How to handle this kind of problem.

--
Thanks and Regards
Mohammad Shariq

Re: How to disable Phonetic search

Posted by Mohammad Shariq <sh...@gmail.com>.
I was using SnowballPorterFilterFactory for stemming, and that stammer was
stemming the words.
I added the keyword "ansys" to   file "protwords.txt".
Now the stemming is not happening for "ansys" and Its OK now.

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.