Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Javix <s....@gmail.com> on 2012/03/08 16:17:47 UTC

Hwo to redirect to another page from a vois @OnEvent method

Is it possible to redirect to another page from inside a void method
annotated as follows:

@OnEvent(value = EventConstants.ACTIVATE)
    public void initPage(Object[] parameters) {
       if(something goes wrong) {
            redirect to home page
      }

}

Thank you

Re: Hwo to redirect to another page from a vois @OnEvent method

Posted by Dragan Sahpaski <dr...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Javix <s....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is it possible to redirect to another page from inside a void method
> annotated as follows:

Yes,

@Inject Response response;

@OnEvent(value = EventConstants.ACTIVATE)
   public void initPage(Object[] parameters)  throws IOException{
      if(something goes wrong) {
           response.sendRedirect("Some url");
     }

Cheers,
Dragan Sahpaski

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
What Thiago is saying, you can just return the page (class or
instance) if you changed the return type:
@OnEvent(value = EventConstants.ACTIVATE)
  public Object initPage(Object[] parameters)  throws IOException{
     if(something goes wrong) {
          return MyErrorPage.class;
    }

Kalle

Posted by Javix <s....@gmail.com>.
Yeah, it works! I did as you told, - changed the method signature for
Object and return MyClacc.class or null when needed.
thanks a lot !

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Javix <s....@gmail.com>.
I don't really know, the method signature was defined as void that's why
I'm asking. And as it is void, in java these methods can not return
anything.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.