Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2006/10/02 15:48:46 UTC

Re: Do all plugins get a crack?

Robert Nicholson writes:
>I've got plugins that are running and if they are positive I really
>don't need to run any more plugins.
>
>Q. Do all plugins run against a message or can you configure things
>so that one plugin aborts the running of others?
>
>in my init.pre I have
>
># URIDNSBL - look up URLs found in the message against several DNS
># blocklists.
>#
>loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URIDNSBL
>
># Hashcash - perform hashcash verification.
>#
>loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Hashcash
>
># SPF - perform SPF verification.
>#
>loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::SPF
>
>and my local.cf has
>
>dcc_home /home/robert/etc/dcc
>
>loadplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::URICountry

>Is it possible to have a plugin's result stop the running of plugins
>all together?

in SpamAssassin 3.2.0 (as yet unreleased), yes, you can use the
Shortcircuit plugin to do this.

--j.

Re: Do all plugins get a crack?

Posted by ro...@elastica.com.
The reason I brought this up was because I've added timings to show how long my
filtering script takes to run and in come cases when the mail is spam it's 6-10
seconds or longer. Is that normal?