Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Brien Colwell <br...@nextop.io> on 2015/02/01 10:00:38 UTC

Cordova Android plugin with a maven dependency?

Hey all,

I'm writing a Cordova plugin for Android that has a Maven dependency. Is
it possible to add that to the plugin.xml? If not possible, do people
add a JAR somewhere under src/android? Thanks for the help.

Best,
Brien

Re: Cordova Android plugin with a maven dependency?

Posted by Ian Clelland <ic...@chromium.org>.
Hi Brien,

Are you building with Gradle, or with Ant?

The new Gradle build system has the ability to do that -- it's what I've
been using for the Crosswalk plugin.

You can see how it's done in the GitHub repo at
https://github.com/clelland/cordova-crosswalk-engine , but basically, the
plugin.xml file contains the line:

    <framework src="libs/xwalk_core_library/xwalk.gradle" custom="true"
type="gradleReference" />

And then the libs/xwalk_core_library/xwalk.gradle file has these two
sections:

    repositories {
      maven {
        url '
https://download.01.org/crosswalk/releases/crosswalk/android/maven2'
      }
    }

    dependencies {
        compile 'org.xwalk:xwalk_core_library_beta:10.39.235.17'
   }

That downloads the AAR project and compiles it into the app on build.