Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Konstantin Knauf <kn...@apache.org> on 2022/02/01 09:27:17 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Deprecate Per-Job Mode in Flink 1.15

Hi Xintong, Hi Yang, Hi everyone,

Thank you for speaking up. The vote is formally only about the deprecation
in Flink 1.15.

We can and should continue to collect blockers for the deletion of per-job
mode on YARN. Then there should be one release that allows users to switch.
So, Flink 1.16 indeed is unrealistic for dropping, as we would need to
address all Blockers still in Flink 1.15.

I think a certain degree of urgency helps us to address these issues and
encourages users to switch to application mode. So, I would continue to
target Flink 1.17 for dropping per-job mode, but let's reevaluate after
Flink 1.16.

Hope this helps,

Konstantin

Since we recently decided that

Posted by Konstantin Knauf <kn...@apache.org>.
Thank you everyone, I've closed the vote and created a ticket for
deprecation [1] and dropping [2] and linked the current blockers for
dropping it to the latter.

Please if or when you encounter new blockers link them to [2].

Posted by Yang Wang <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xintong Song <to...@gmail.com>.