Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Leon Kolchinsky <lk...@univ.haifa.ac.il> on 2006/10/26 15:09:16 UTC

How to avoid spamassassin checks in Subject header?

Hello All,

I've a mail system running Cyrus+Postfix+Amavisd-new+ClamAV+Spamassassin on SuSE Linux Ent. Server 9.

The problem is that non-encoded 8bit data is not allowed in message headers and Cyrus-IMAPd prevents from any problem by replacing those chars with X (mail program should do encoding according to RFC 2047 on all headers. Unencoded 8-bit characters aren't allowed in headers).

In SuSE's distribution there is no munge8bit option for Cyrus (which would leave the problematic subject as is but damage the search function) so all Subjects in Hebrew/Russian/Etc. sent form Hotmail,Yahoo,... clients arriving to users mailboxes changed to XXX.

I have BAYES and RAZOR filters installed.

Here are some headers from one of such mails:
Subject: FW: XXX XXXXX XXXXXXX XXXXX

So it seems to me that this high score is due to XXX (or unencoded subjects) in the Subject header.

Is there any way to tell Spamassassin to not check in 'Subject' header?

Please Help.

Best Regards,
Leon Kolchinsky