Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Chris Riccomini <cr...@apache.org> on 2017/10/13 18:52:12 UTC

1.9.0alpha1 published

Hey all,

I have cut a 1.9.0alpha1 release of Airflow. You can download it here:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/airflow/1.9.0alpha1/

The bin tarball can be installed with pip:

  pip install apache-airflow-1.9.0alpha1+incubating-bin.tar.gz

The goal is to have the community install and run this to expose any bugs
before we move on to official release candidates.

Here are the outstanding blocker bugs for 1.9.0:

  AIRFLOW-1525 |Improvement |Fix minor LICENSE & NOTICE issue
  AIRFLOW-1258 |Bug         |TaskInstances within SubDagOperator are marked
as
  AIRFLOW-1055 |Bug         |airflow/jobs.py:create_dag_run() exception for
@on
  AIRFLOW-1018 |Bug         |Scheduler DAG processes can not log to stdout
  AIRFLOW-1013 |Bug         |airflow/jobs.py:manage_slas() exception for
@once
  AIRFLOW-976  |Bug         |Mark success running task causes it to fail

Note: it appears that none of the blocker bugs have been closed since
alpha1. Are these truly blocker bugs, or should they be bumped to 1.10.0?

Cheers,
Chris

Re: 1.9.0alpha1 published

Posted by Alex Guziel <al...@airbnb.com.INVALID>.
AIRFLOW-976 should be marked resolved. It is fixed by
https://github.com/apache/incubator-airflow/commit/b2e1753f5b74ad1b6e0889f7b784ce69623c95ce
(pardon my commit message), which is in v1.9.