Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Toldwin <to...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/20 18:16:09 UTC

Issue in plugin execution order with inherited POM

Hi everyone,

I work with maven 2.0.6 and I have an issue with plugin execution order with
inherited POM :

I created a custom QALab plugin which use XML files created by "Source Xref"
report and "JavaNCSS Report" report.

I've created and empty project POM with the declaration of the use of my
generic report and QALab custom plugin call.

When I call "mvn site" on this project it creates the needed generic report
and next call my custom plugin. Site generated is the expected one.

Next when I create another project I define this project POM (of doc
generation) as parent in my effective project. So it should inherit the doc
generation properties and in fact it does actually but not as wanted :
- The execution order is not respected. My custom QALab plugin is call
before the generic report creation so it doesn't yet hav the needed XML File
and skip threatments...

So I would know if this POM inheritance execution order is known and if
someone would have an idear about how to fix it (I guess remove the
inheritance and copy past info would work but that's not clean...). I've
read lot of doc without finding an answer...

Any help would be greatly apreciate.