Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Willie Vu <wi...@hotmail.com> on 2000/11/03 23:16:46 UTC

cvs login using cvs target

I want to do nightly build that check out source from CVS and build from the
source.   However, our CVS server is pserver that requires password
authentication.  I can't find the information that I can do it by the cvs
target or other ways to do login.  Any idea?

Willie

http://profiles.msn.com.

Re: cvs login using cvs target

Posted by James Manning <jm...@computer.org>.
[Willie Vu]
> I want to do nightly build that check out source from CVS and build from the
> source.   However, our CVS server is pserver that requires password
> authentication.  I can't find the information that I can do it by the cvs
> target or other ways to do login.  Any idea?

Options that I would see:

1) cvs login as the account that will be doing the checkout ahead of time,
   so the $HOME/.cvspass is around and you don't need to login

2) Have a job (cron/at/whatever) on the cvs server export to a given
   nfs/smb/etc directory, build from that instead.
--
James Manning <jm...@computer.org>
GPG Key fingerprint = B913 2FBD 14A9 CE18 B2B7  9C8E A0BF B026 EEBB F6E4

Re: cvs login using cvs target

Posted by Jan Castermans <ja...@beta9.be>.
On Friday 03 November 2000 23:16, you wrote:
> I want to do nightly build that check out source from CVS and build from
> the source.   However, our CVS server is pserver that requires password
> authentication.  I can't find the information that I can do it by the cvs
> target or other ways to do login.  Any idea?
>

> Willie

> http://profiles.msn.com.
Do the cvs login once manually in the directory you want have do your nightly
checkouts. This creates the necessary CVS directories.
Afterwards you can use the cvs task without using a password.