Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org> on 2016/03/09 20:27:41 UTC

Adding Blog Authors (was RE: Apache OpenOffice Templates and Extensions new sites)

Marcus,

I note that <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-11130> has made no progress.

I also notice that my blogs.apache.org Roller account has a different password than my ASF User ID account. (My Apache ID is used as my Roller Username.  I don't think that is a requirement).

When I log in I see a list of blogs I can edit, manage, or configure.  The only blog that is listed is the Apache OpenOffice one and I am shown as having AUTHOR permissions.

Since this was all created when we were incubating and I think Rob Weir took care of it, I have no idea what the ceremony is.

Marcus, do you have MANAGE privileges or something different than AUTHOR?

There seems to be a chicken-and-egg problem.  I see no means to sign up via a blog-page form, so someone must seed the account with AUTHOR permissions for <https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/>.

I have added a comment to the JIRA INFRA request.

If anyone has insight on how to activate an author, please say so.  Also, do we know how to have administrative permission for the OOo blog?

 - Dennis

Re: Adding Blog Authors (was RE: Apache OpenOffice Templates and Extensions new sites)

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 03/09/2016 11:52 PM, schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:
> Infrastructure has acted on the issue.
>
> I gave them Roberto's apache.org email.  That might have mattered.
>
> Roberto,
>
> You will receive an email that provides you with a temporary password.
>
> As soon as you log in and change the password, infrastructure will set your privileges for being an Author on the OOo blog.

I've sent him also already a PM. ;-)

Marcus

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 03/09/2016 08:27 PM, schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:
> I note that<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-11130>  has made no progress.

oh dear. I'll notify Infra in a more direct way after this mail.

> I also notice that my blogs.apache.org Roller account has a different password than my ASF User ID account. (My Apache ID is used as my Roller Username.  I don't think that is a requirement).
>
> When I log in I see a list of blogs I can edit, manage, or configure.  The only blog that is listed is the Apache OpenOffice one and I am shown as having AUTHOR permissions.
>
> Since this was all created when we were incubating and I think Rob Weir took care of it, I have no idea what the ceremony is.

The Apache ID has to be added to the list and then - as admin - you can
set the access permissions, e.g., author.

> Marcus, do you have MANAGE privileges or something different than AUTHOR?

I've admin access.

> There seems to be a chicken-and-egg problem.  I see no means to sign up via a blog-page form, so someone must seed the account with AUTHOR permissions for<https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/>.

Current admins are asfadmin (likey an Infra account), wave and me.

> I have added a comment to the JIRA INFRA request.
>
> If anyone has insight on how to activate an author, please say so.  Also, do we know how to have administrative permission for the OOo blog?

Normally:
- Login as admin
- On "Preferences - Members" add the mail address of the person
- Send an invitation
- The person accepts the invitation (via a link? I don't know)
- Now set the needed permissions
- Done

However, I was not successful in adding a mail address. Therefore the
ticket for Infra.

Marcus

Ciao

Marcus