Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Le...@brebank.pl on 2006/02/03 08:46:12 UTC

REQUIRED root access

Hello,

Why is it neccessary to have root access to finish commit command ? It makes whole rights management quite difficult, esp. if you want to grant access for everybody to read everything.
I suppose this is the veryfication if the user is in the [users] section of configuration.

I've made slight change to the autorisation part, and added SSPI mechanizm, and with this, from the windows cmd line client server gets the user name (unix clients work the same),
I wonder if removing this verification, has other concequences than resigning from the RQUIRED access

Best regards

  Leszek Wlodarski

Re: REQUIRED root access

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
Leszek.Wlodarski@brebank.pl wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Why is it neccessary to have root access to finish commit command ?

It isn't.

-- Brane

Re: REQUIRED root access

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.
On 2/3/06, Leszek.Wlodarski@brebank.pl <Le...@brebank.pl> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Why is it neccessary to have root access to finish commit command ? It makes
> whole rights management quite difficult, esp. if you want to grant access
> for everybody to read everything.
>
> I suppose this is the veryfication if the user is in the [users] section of
> configuration.
>
> I've made slight change to the autorisation part, and added SSPI mechanizm,
> and with this, from the windows cmd line client server gets the user name
> (unix clients work the same),
>
> I wonder if removing this verification, has other concequences than
> resigning from the RQUIRED access

This is a users@ question (the question to ask yourself is: does my
question help Subversion development? No: then you have a users@
question). Could you please direct your questions there in the future?

The answer is: it isn't.

Bye,

Erik.