Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by frame <xs...@yahoo.com> on 2012/06/18 14:24:16 UTC

A Subclipse question: Eclipse hangs for a long time if it has not been used for one or two weeks

Hi,

We have such a headache in using Eclipse and I believe that is due to
Subclipse. I am wondering if anybody can help me. Thank you.

We use Eclipse to develop Java standalone applications. One thing I found
is that if I have not used Eclipse for one or two weeks, when I start
Eclipse (using the same workspace), it just hangs there for a long
time(with these messages -- "initializing Java tool..", "copy source to
output..."). It hangs about 30 minutes, then it is ok. However, if I do a
Refresh(F5), then the hanging will be again. By looking at cpu information,
the process of eclipse is constantly busy, even when the hanging has been
gone. It seems that Eclipse is doing some heavy duty thing on the
background.

After a long, long time(one or two hours), eclipse is quiet and everything
is fine. It is just painful.

I found that if I keep using Eclipse everyday, this kind of problem does
not happen at all.

Can you help me understand why and is there any way to avoid the problem?

Thank you very much. I greatly appreciate your help.

Re: A Subclipse question: Eclipse hangs for a long time if it has not been used for one or two weeks

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.
Guten Tag frame,
am Montag, 18. Juni 2012 um 14:24 schrieben Sie:

> Can you help me understand why and is there any way to avoid the problem?

I didn't read anything regarding Subclipse or Subversion. Why do you
think your problem is related to one of both? Sounds more like you
write to any mailing list you can find in order to get help. :-)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail:Thorsten.Schoening@AM-SoFT.de

Telefon.............030-2 1001-310
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

AG Hanover HRB 207 694 - Geschäftsführer: Andreas Muchow