Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Maho NAKATA <ma...@apache.org> on 2012/09/18 05:48:56 UTC

do we need openoffice-3-rc port for FreeBSD?

Hi Pedro and *

As branche AOO340 for Apache OpenOffice exists, so do we need
/usr/ports/editors/openoffice-3-RC
again? we need it for smooth integration for 3.4.2 etc.
Still I'm delaying because difference between 3.4.1 and 3.4.0
(in terms of building; not by playing Angry Birds).

Currently we have:
/usr/ports/editors/openoffice-3-devel (just head)
/usr/ports/editors/openoffice-3 (waiting for update to 3.4.1)

Thanks,
-- Nakata Maho http://accc.riken.jp/maho/ , JA OOO http://ja.openoffice.org/
http://blog.goo.ne.jp/nakatamaho/ ,GPG: http://accc.riken.jp/maho/maho.pgp.txt

Re: do we need openoffice-3-rc port for FreeBSD?

Posted by Pedro Giffuni <pf...@apache.org>.

> As branche AOO340 for Apache OpenOffice exists, so do we need
> /usr/ports/editors/openoffice-3-RC
> again? we need it for smooth integration for 3.4.2 etc.
> Still I'm delaying because difference between 3.4.1 and 3.4.0
> (in terms of building; not by playing Angry Birds).
>
> Currently we have:
> /usr/ports/editors/openoffice-3-devel (just head)
> /usr/ports/editors/openoffice-3 (waiting for update to 3.4.1)

I think it's fine as it is: the AOO34 branch is untouched since
the last 5 weeks, and it's not clear we will have a 3.4.2 Release
any time soon. I am personally focused on 3.5 nowadays.

Things would probably be easier if we had a FreeBSD buildbot
though but that is also too much trouble for the time being.

Pedro.

ps. Maho's ability in Angry Birds is not to be underestimated. ;)