Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Pedro Sá da Costa <ps...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/31 18:25:40 UTC

Shoud I use MapReduce 0.2X, or 1.0?

I've noticed that Hadoop MapReduce 1.0.4 was released in 12 October 2012,
and Hadoop 0.23.4 was released in 15 October 2012. I thought that with
Hadoop 1.0, the Hadoop 0.2X had become discontinued. If I want to start to
use Hadoop MapReduce, which version should I use?

What's the difference between Hadoop MapReduce 0.2X and Hadoop MapReduce
1.0?

--
Best regards,

Re: Shoud I use MapReduce 0.2X, or 1.0?

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.
There are two major release lines: 1.x and 2.x.

1.x is deemed stable and 2.x is considered alpha quality.

0.23.* is the last of 0.2X line. 0.23.* is used mostly by Yahoo! to stabilize the last code minus some features present in 2.x like some HDFS HA work, PB use in RPC layer etc.

Thanks,
+Vinod