Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Simon Willnauer <si...@googlemail.com> on 2011/08/22 18:24:00 UTC

heads up: re-index 3.x branch Lucene/Solr indices

I just reverted a previous commit related to CompoundFile in the 3.x
stable branch.
If you are using unreleased 3.x branch you need to reindex.

See here for details:

If you are using a released version of Lucene/Solr then you can ignore
this message.

Thanks,

Simon

Re: heads up: re-index 3.x branch Lucene/Solr indices

Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@googlemail.com>.
Shawn, as long as you are only using a release version of lucene /solr
you don't need to be worried at all. This is a index format change
that has never been released. only if you use a svn checkout you
should reindex.

simon

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.
On 8/22/2011 12:38 PM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
> Just to be clear, if you are not using a compound file, do you need to
> worry about this?  I am using 3.2, but I've got the compound file
> turned off and have 11 files per segment.  Upgrading is in my near
> future, but I think 3.4 will be out by the time I get there.

 From what I've just been reading, Solr and Lucene default to using the

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.