Posted to dev@mnemonic.apache.org by Rakesh Radhakrishnan <ra...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/09 19:00:21 UTC

Reg git commits

Hi All,

I was looking at the git commits and commit log messages. It would be good
if we could follow common patterns for the "commit log message". Following
are two suggestions, probably we could choose one of them and all can
follow the same. Welcome if any other better options.

*Commit log msg pattern-1 :-*

Jira id: jira subject line. Contributed by Wang Gang
For example,
MNEMONIC-5: Refactor code for package com.intel.bigdatamem. (Contributed by
Wang Gang)

OR

*Commit log msg pattern-2 :-*

Jira id: jira subject line (contributor_name via committer_user_name)
For example,
MNEMONIC-5: Refactor code for package com.intel.bigdatamem (Wang Gang via
garyw)

Thanks,
Rakesh

Re: Reg git commits

Posted by "Gangumalla, Uma" <um...@intel.com>.
Thanks for raising this point Rakesh.

Agree we should follow specific pattern, which would look good if we want
to create any release notes etc from git log later.

Below pattern should be fine:
Jira id: jira subject line. Contributed by Wang Gang

Regards,
Uma