Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Andrus, Brooks" <B....@TechSmith.com> on 2006/02/09 21:01:50 UTC

zip files, upload to ftp, unzip files

Hey, I'm an Ant noob, so I apologize in advance.

I've created a simple build file which zips up a project and uploads it
to an ftp site. The missing piece of the puzzle for me is how I can go
about unzipping the file once its been uploaded. I'm not seeing anything
in the ftp task that seems to address this issue. Anyone have some
suggestions?

Regards,

Brooks Andrus

Re: zip files, upload to ftp, unzip files

Posted by Geoffrey Mitchell <ga...@imail.kwcorp.com>.
sshexec?

Posted by "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <a....@mdl.com>.
Usually FTP is the worst option you have (at least SCP is secure). It is
much better to mount destination directory locally and use simple <copy>
or <sync>. If it is impossible, you can run rsync or unison with normal
files without zipping them (they work incrementally, so next update will
only copy updated files). Finally, if you want to minimize traffic,
after transferring the ZIP you can run commands on another side using SSH.

- Alexey.