Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Vivienne Griffith <vi...@calleo.com> on 2001/01/18 11:23:02 UTC

C2 - problems with own generator

Hello,

We're trying to write a generator for Cocoon 2 to retrieve an XML template
from our database.
(We wrote a producer to do the same thing for Cocoon 1.8 and it worked).
Tomcat
 and Cocoon 2 have been installed and work. We extended ComposerGenerator,
but did
 not put it in the C2 generator package, but in another package along with
some other
 classes we need in a separate jar file. This jar file has been added to
Tomcat's classpath.

I've added a pipeline for *.html to the sitemap.xmap file - works fine for a
test xml file with simple
stylesheet using the FileGenerator. But as soon as I try to include our
generator in the sitemap.xmap
file without even trying to use it, Cocoon gives the "sitemap handler's
sitemap is not available" error. Once
this has happened, even the welcome page gives the same error. Deleting the
cocoon and work directories
 and restarting Tomcat doesn't work either. I have to reinstall.

Hope someone can help,
Thanks,
Vivienne

Knowledge by Experience

Re: C2 - problems with own generator

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Vivienne Griffith wrote:

> Hello,
>

> We're trying to write a generator for Cocoon 2 to retrieve an XML template
>
> from our database.
>
> (We wrote a producer to do the same thing for Cocoon 1.8 and it worked).
>
> Tomcat
>
>  and Cocoon 2 have been installed and work. We extended ComposerGenerator,
>
> but did
>
>  not put it in the C2 generator package, but in another package along with
>
> some other
>
>  classes we need in a separate jar file. This jar file has been added to
>
> Tomcat's classpath.
>

> I've added a pipeline for *.html to the sitemap.xmap file - works fine for a
>
> test xml file with simple
>
> stylesheet using the FileGenerator. But as soon as I try to include our
>
> generator in the sitemap.xmap
>
> file without even trying to use it, Cocoon gives the "sitemap handler's
>
> sitemap is not available" error. Once
>
> this has happened, even the welcome page gives the same error. Deleting the
>
> cocoon and work directories
>
>  and restarting Tomcat doesn't work either. I have to reinstall.

No, you shouldn't have to reinstall.  The log files for cocoon are in
Cocoon's context at $cocoon/WEB-INF/logs/cocoon.log, please look at
that log file as it gives you alot of detail.

Make sure that you place your Generator in the sitemap's list of
generators, specifying your fully qualified class name, and all should
be well.

Re: C2 - problems with own generator

Posted by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk>.
* Vivienne Griffith (vivienne.griffith@calleo.com) wrote :
> I've added a pipeline for *.html to the sitemap.xmap file - works fine for a
> test xml file with simple
> stylesheet using the FileGenerator. But as soon as I try to include our
> generator in the sitemap.xmap
> file without even trying to use it, Cocoon gives the "sitemap handler's
> sitemap is not available" error. Once
> this has happened, even the welcome page gives the same error. Deleting the
> cocoon and work directories
>  and restarting Tomcat doesn't work either. I have to reinstall.

Can you look at your cocoon log file. You should find some errors
telling you what's gone wrong. If you can give us details of these, we
should be better placed to help you.

Paul