Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by douglas w soderdahl <ds...@me.com> on 2012/10/21 15:50:59 UTC

Re: hyphenation with US English … ATTN: WEBMASTER!

10.21.12

I have repeatedly [10x +] clicked on the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of these emails, but continue to receive them.

Please UNSUBSCRIBE me to these emailings!

Thank you,

doug soderdahl

Douglas W Soderdahl, MD, FACS
411 Hobron Lane, #3808
Honolulu, HI, USA 96815.1220
Phone: 808.388.7280
Eddress: <ds...@mac.com>

On Oct 21, 2012, at 5:27 AM, Hagar Delest wrote:

Some hints with screenshots here also: http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=16512

NB: I'm not sure the lock means that you can remove it by the Add/Remove control panel (but I may be wrong). It usually means that it has been installed for all users at the standard install. To remove it, you need to tweak the installation files (have a look at the detailed topic linked in the first post of the troubleshooting tutorial).

Hagar

Posted by Dan Lewis <el...@gmail.com>.
On 10/21/2012 09:50 AM, douglas w soderdahl wrote:
> 10.21.12
>
> I have repeatedly [10x +] clicked on the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of these emails, but continue to receive them.
>
> Please UNSUBSCRIBE me to these emailings!
>
> Thank you,
>
> doug soderdahl
>
> Douglas W Soderdahl, MD, FACS
> 411 Hobron Lane, #3808
> Honolulu, HI, USA 96815.1220
> Phone: 808.388.7280
> Eddress: <ds...@mac.com>

     You clicked the unsubscribe link. What happened then? Did a new
email message appear with ooo-users-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org in
the "To" box?
      When you click the link, a new email message should appear. You
should click the Send button. You will receive an email to verify that
you want to unsubscribe. While reading this verification email, click
the Reply button. A new email message appears. Click the Send button.

--Dan

Re: hyphenation with US English … ATTN: WEBMASTER!

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
you should recieve a confirmation of unsubscription which is expected
for you to confirm by replying to it. Otherwise you will remain on the
list.

On 10/21/12, douglas w soderdahl <ds...@me.com> wrote:
> 10.21.12
>
> I have repeatedly [10x +] clicked on the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of
> these emails, but continue to receive them.
>
> Please UNSUBSCRIBE me to these emailings!
>
> Thank you,
>
> doug soderdahl
>
> Douglas W Soderdahl, MD, FACS
> 411 Hobron Lane, #3808
> Honolulu, HI, USA 96815.1220
> Phone: 808.388.7280
> Eddress: <ds...@mac.com>
>

> On Oct 21, 2012, at 5:27 AM, Hagar Delest wrote:
>
> Some hints with screenshots here also:
> http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=16512
>
> NB: I'm not sure the lock means that you can remove it by the Add/Remove
> control panel (but I may be wrong). It usually means that it has been
> installed for all users at the standard install. To remove it, you need to
> tweak the installation files (have a look at the detailed topic linked in
> the first post of the troubleshooting tutorial).
>
> Hagar
>
> Le 20/10/2012 15:42, johnny smith a écrit :
>
>> On Fri, 19 Oct 2012 21:24:41 -0000, VA <cu...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> In my Extension Manager, I now have two American English dictionaries
>>> listed. The originally installed English(USA) dictionary is locked and I
>>> can't remove it. It has a lock icon next to it.
>>
>> the lock icon is due to the dictionaty having been installed as a program
>> component rather than an extension. you can delete it through "add/remove
>> programs" tool of your system by choosing "custom" option.
>>
>>> If I click on Languages in my Options menu, there is only one option for
>>> English(USA). I'm not sure which of the two English dictionaries this is
>>> referring to.
>>
>> the "languages" item of the "options" menu is not quite what you need. the
>> list of available language modules is under the "language settings/writing
>> aids" section of the options. the "edit..." button lets you choose a
>> spellchecker and hyphenator for each distinct language.

Alexandro Colorado
PPMC Apache OpenOffice
http://es.openoffice.org

Re: hyphenation with US English … ATTN: WEBMASTER!

Posted by Larry Gusaas <la...@gmail.com>.
On 2012-10-21 7:50 AM douglas w soderdahl wrote:
> I have repeatedly [10x +] clicked on the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of these emails, but continue to receive them.

You have to reply to the confirmation email you receive after sending your unsubscribe request.

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com