Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by Qi...@equifax.com on 2005/11/08 19:05:32 UTC

problem running XFire on IBM WAS 5.1

Hi there,
I'm trying to get a hello world type of example to run on WSAD 5.1.2 but
got an exception when I tried
to use my IE6 browser to get a wsdl:
http://localhost:9080/xfireWeb/services/Echo?wsdl
I tried to deploy the web app to WAS 5.1 but I got exactly the same error.

I've done my google search and the recommandation of uncommenting a couple
lines in jaxp.properties
and xerces.properties didn't work for me. It seems like a StAX issue but I
just don't know what to do with
it at this point. Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks!
Qian

[Servlet Error]-[Provider null could not be instantiated:
java.lang.NullPointerException]:
javax.xml.stream.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider null could not be
instantiated: java.lang.NullPointerException
      at javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.newInstance(FactoryFinder.java:75)
      at javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.find(FactoryFinder.java:136)
      at javax.xml.stream.FactoryFinder.find(FactoryFinder.java:92)
      at
javax.xml.stream.XMLOutputFactory.newInstance(XMLOutputFactory.java:98)
      at
org.codehaus.xfire.transport.http.HtmlServiceWriter.write(HtmlServiceWriter.java:34)
      at
org.codehaus.xfire.transport.http.XFireServletController.generateServices(XFireServletController.java:166)
      at
org.codehaus.xfire.transport.http.XFireServletController.doService(XFireServletController.java:101)
      at
org.codehaus.xfire.transport.http.XFireServlet.doGet(XFireServlet.java:81)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictServletInstance.doService(StrictServletInstance.java:110)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet._service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:174)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.IdleServletState.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:313)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:116)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstance.service(ServletInstance.java:283)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ValidServletReferenceState.dispatch(ValidServletReferenceState.java:42)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletInstanceReference.dispatch(ServletInstanceReference.java:40)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:983)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:564)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebAppRequestDispatcher.java:200)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebAppInvoker.doForward(WebAppInvoker.java:119)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebAppInvoker.java:276)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.cache.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(CachedInvocation.java:71)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(ServletRequestProcessor.java:182)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEListener.java:334)
      at
com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.http.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:56)
      at
com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java:618)
      at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:439)
      at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:672)

This message contains information from Equifax Inc. which may be
confidential and privileged.  If you are not an intended recipient, please
refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
information and note that such actions are prohibited.  If you have
received this transmission in error, please notify by e-mail
postmaster@equifax.com.

Re: problem running XFire on IBM WAS 5.1

Posted by Qi...@equifax.com.

Thanks Dan, I was intended to send this to the XFire mailing list but sent
it
to xmlbeans by mistake, sorry about that.

I'm doing more research on the problem, QName sounds like a good start,
Thanks Brian.

Qian

             Brian Bonner
             <brian.bonner@par
             aware.com>                                                 To
                                       user@xmlbeans.apache.org
             11/08/2005 01:39                                           cc
             PM                        user@xfire.codehaus.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: problem running XFire on IBM
             Please respond to         WAS 5.1
             user@xmlbeans.apa
                  che.org

Was there a msg in the log?

I had a problem with a different version of QName  on websphere.  Maybe
you can do a search on the Xfire mailing list archives.

Brian

Posted by Brian Bonner <br...@paraware.com>.
Was there a msg in the log?

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@envoisolutions.com>.

Qian.Wang@equifax.com wrote:

> [...]
>      at
>com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEListener.java:334)
>      at
>com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.http.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:56)
>      at
>com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.readAndHandleRequest(HttpConnection.java:618)
>      at com.ibm.ws.http.HttpConnection.run(HttpConnection.java:439)
>      at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:672)
>

>This message contains information from Equifax Inc. which may be
>confidential and privileged.  If you are not an intended recipient, please
>refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
>information and note that such actions are prohibited.  If you have
>received this transmission in error, please notify by e-mail

Dan Diephouse
(616) 971-2053
Envoi Solutions LLC
http://netzooid.com