Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Johan Eltes <jo...@callistaenterprise.se> on 2007/04/12 17:03:22 UTC

How to generate manifest ClassPath entries for a web project?

I'd like have all dependent jars of all modules of my enterprise
application bundled in the ear - not in WEB-INF/lib directories of my
war files. Is this possible with maven 2? I would also like maven to
generate the required ClassPath entries in the war manifest file.
I've found out how to accomplish the same tasks for ejb projects, but
haven't found any hints on war projects.

Johan Eltes
Callista Enterprise AB
Mobil: +46 (0)708-22 41 86
johan.eltes@callistaenterprise.se
http://www.callistaenterprise.se

Re: How to generate manifest ClassPath entries for a web project?

Posted by Manos Batsis <ma...@geekologue.com>.
Johan Eltes wrote:
> I'd like have all dependent jars of all modules of my enterprise
> application bundled in the ear - not in WEB-INF/lib directories of my
> war files. Is this possible with maven 2? I would also like maven to
> generate the required ClassPath entries in the war manifest file. I've
> found out how to accomplish the same tasks for ejb projects, but haven't
> found any hints on war projects.

md4j-quickstarter does that for it's ejb and war modules. The downside
is you have to duplicate deps in the ear pom. See the ear and war pom in
[1] and [2] respectively.

[1]
http://md4j.cvs.sourceforge.net/md4j/md4j-quickstarter-mvn/ear/pom.xml?view=markup
[2]
http://md4j.cvs.sourceforge.net/md4j/md4j-quickstarter-mvn/web/pom.xml?view=markup

hth,

Manos

Re: How to generate manifest ClassPath entries for a web project?

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day,

If you have a war project and you want some of its dependencies not to be
included in your WEB-INF/lib, add

<project>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>