Posted to dev@shenyu.apache.org by Kevin <wa...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/14 13:22:12 UTC

Docker image support amd architecture

Dear Community Developer

When I was writing a Helm chart for shenyu, I found that the V2.4.3 version
of the docker hub only has an image of the arm architecture, and there is
no image of the AMD architecture. Before v2.4.2 and 2.4.2 admin[1] and
bootstrap[2] are both mirror images of the amd64 architecture.

Now many servers are based on these two architectures, so I think it is
necessary to provide users with mirrors of these two architectures.

[1] :  https://hub.docker.com/r/apache/shenyu-admin/tags
[2] :  https://hub.docker.com/r/apache/shenyu-bootstrap/tags
<https://hub.docker.com/r/apache/shenyu-bootstrap/tags>

Re: Docker image support amd architecture

Posted by Kevin <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Kunshuai

Thank you for your reply. I checked the blog mentioned in the mail.
Do other friends have new suggestions?

Maybe I can submit a PR to modify the existing release process
documentation based on the blog mentioned above?
The PR is mainly to add the multi-terminal image packaging command using
the buildx tool mentioned in the blog [1].

[1]
https://www.jooks.cn/posts/apache-shenyu%E6%9E%84%E5%BB%BA%E5%A4%9A%E5%B9%B3%E5%8F%B0docker%E9%95%9C%E5%83%8F%E8%A7%A3%E5%86%B3%E6%96%B9%E6%A1%88/

Re: Docker image support amd architecture

Posted by Kunshuai Zhu <jo...@apache.org>.
Hi Kevin,

Yes, this issue may require us to modify the release process [1] to
use docker's buildx tool to build and release multi-platform docker
images.

I wrote an article on my website before, you can refer to it. (written
in Chinese)[2]

Do you or other friends have any better suggestions? If it is
convenient, can you help to modify the publishing process?

[1] https://shenyu.apache.org/community/release-guide#finish-publishing

[2] https://www.jooks.cn/posts/apache-shenyu%E6%9E%84%E5%BB%BA%E5%A4%9A%E5%B9%B3%E5%8F%B0docker%E9%95%9C%E5%83%8F%E8%A7%A3%E5%86%B3%E6%96%B9%E6%A1%88/

Kevin <wa...@gmail.com> 于2022年5月14日周六 21:22写道: