Posted to dev@metron.apache.org by Abid Zaidi <ab...@hotmail.com> on 2020/03/01 12:39:35 UTC

Failing to Setup Apache Metron Dev Machine using Vagrant (Require Assistance and Guidance)

I am setting up centos7 single node VM through vagrant for Dev Environment,

I already tried centos6 from other branches and got no luck in that,

So I check out branch of METRON-2088-SUPPORT-HDP-3.1 and followed the ReadMe, before starting I ran platform.sh and everything looked good..

On Vagrant Up it just fails on Metron_config with message

[node1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Request failed with status FAILED"}

At this point I could open ambari but all services were down and each of them said the same thing, Failed to install service, Below is the link to my logs:

https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Support-Questions/Failing-to-Setup-Apache-Metron-Dev-Machine-using-Vagrant/m-p/290740/highlight/true#M215064

This is the furthest I've come to deploying, even with the CentOS 6 I came this far,

I then also tried provision with following command,

env ANSIBLE_ARGS=' -vvvv' vagrant --ansible-tags="hdp-deploy" provision

I've done this 2-3 times and I reach to this same point,

I need to setup a Dev Environment where I could add a few more features in Apache Metron's REST API with UI pages on the front-end. I seem to be far away from my targets as I am unable to start up the vagrant machine, It would be good if a Metron Developer could guide me with what I'm trying to achieve.

Regards,

Abid Zaidi.

abidzaidi7@hotmail.com

Re: Failing to Setup Apache Metron Dev Machine using Vagrant (Require Assistance and Guidance)

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.
I have tried this on master, and progressed all the way to the failure to
setup enrichment because of the geomind change.

I believe that this issue is only with the 3.1 feature branch.

On March 3, 2020 at 09:49:39, Michael Miklavcic (michael.miklavcic@gmail.com)
wrote:

It looks like the binaries are no longer available? I've not encountered
this before. Not sure if this has anything to do with it (from Cloudera's
publications -
https://www.cloudera.com/content/dam/www/marketing/documents/campaign/451-cloudera-opens-up-about-opensource.pdf
)

https://archive.cloudera.com/p/HDP/centos7/3.x/updates/3.1.5.0/repodata/repomd.xml: