Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Eugenio Cano-Manuel Mendoza <eu...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/20 02:04:23 UTC

Drop TrueZIP dependency on Maven Indexer in favor of java.util.zip.ZipFile class

Hello,

If I'm not mistaken TrueZIP is only being used to implement the
org.apache.maven.index.util.zip interface in maven indexer core. This
functionality could also be achieved by using the ZipFile class
bundled in the standard java.util.zip package instead without much
trouble as the ZipFile interface seems to be very similar to the
ZipHandle interface.

I'd like to submit a patch but I would like to know if this is
actually a good idea. Any thoughts?

Regards,
Eugenio

Re: Drop TrueZIP dependency on Maven Indexer in favor of java.util.zip.ZipFile class

Posted by Eugenio Cano-Manuel Mendoza <eu...@gmail.com>.
Never mind the previous email. I just realized an implementation of
this already exists (JavaZipFileHandle class)

Regards,
Eugenio