Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Anil K. Vijendran" <An...@eng.sun.com> on 2000/03/01 00:23:15 UTC

Re: bug in TagLibs

Hi Petr,

I agree with your interpretation of the specification.

The bug if that interpretation is correct is that we always treat the resolved
TLD path relative to the current JSP page.

Let me confirm this before fixing it.

In the meantime can you please file a bug in jakarta.apache.org/bugs? This
helps make sure it doesn't get lost and gets tracked.

Thanks.

Petr Jiricka wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't know if this hasn't been discussed before. I found the following
> problem:
>
> If I change a taglib-location element in web.xml (I tried this for the
> "examples" web app supplied with the build) to a relative URI according to
> section 13.2 of the servlet 2.2 specification, so the <taglib> elements
> looks like this:
>
>     <taglib>
>         <taglib-uri>
>            http://java.apache.org/tomcat/examples-taglib
>         </taglib-uri>
>         <taglib-location>
>            jsp/example-taglib.tld
>         </taglib-location>
>     </taglib>
>
> the engine will not find the tag library, because it is trying to resolve
> the relative URI relatively to the current JSP page, not relatively to
> web.xml.
>
> After reading the specification, I got an impression that the correct
> behavior is:
>
> - if web.xml does not contain an entry corresponding to the "uri" attribute
> of the <%@taglib%> directive, then the taglib location is this URI resolved
> relavively to the current JSP page (as in section 2.5.2 of the JSP spec)
>
> - if web.xml contains an entry corresponding to the "uri" attribute of the
> <%@taglib%> directive, then the taglib location is the URI specified by the
> <taglib-loaction> element, resolved relatively to web.xml (section 13.2 of
> the servlet spec).
>
> Please let me know if I am wrong.
>
> Thanks
> Petr