Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/06 20:24:12 UTC

[VOTE] Accept donation of Parquet Rust implementation

Dear all,

The Parquet PMC has been in contact with the developers of

https://github.com/sunchao/parquet-rs

which is a native Rust implementation of the Parquet format. We are
proposing to accept this codebase into the Apache Parquet project. If
the vote passes, the PMC and the authors of the code will work
together to complete the ASF IP Clearance process
(http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/) and import the Rust
implementation into an Apache code repository:

    [ ] +1 : Accept contribution of Rust implementation
    [ ]  0 : No opinion
    [ ] -1 : Reject contribution because...

Here is my vote: +1

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

Thanks,
Wes

Re: [VOTE] Accept donation of Parquet Rust implementation

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.
Sorry for the delay! I think that we can count Julien as a +0 and everyone
else as a +1. I'll let Wes send an official result, but it is safe to say
that this passed. Next step is to call a vote in the IPMC. I'll have to
look into how that works first, though.

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Re: [VOTE] Accept donation of Parquet Rust implementation

Posted by Chao Sun <su...@apache.org>.

Posted by Lars Volker <lv...@cloudera.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Daniel Weeks <dw...@netflix.com.INVALID>.