Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by "Venkatasamy, Vanitha" <Va...@xpandcorp.com> on 2011/11/11 20:40:02 UTC

RE: Email alert from log4net

Hi ,
 I tried it with BufferingForwardingAppender , it has the buffersize but no time limit. My requirement is sending mail if  20 errors are logged within  5 min.

<appender name="BufferingForwardingAppender" type="log4net.Appender.BufferingForwardingAppender" >
    <bufferSize value="20" />
    <lossy value="true" />
    <evaluator type="log4net.Core.LevelEvaluator">
        <threshold value="Error"/>
    </evaluator>
    <appender-ref ref="EventLogAppender" />
</appender>

<appender name="EventLogAppender" type="log4net.Appender.EventLogAppender">
      <param name="LogName" value="PWebLogs" />
      <param name="ApplicationName" value="Test" />
      <filter type="log4net.Filter.LevelRangeFilter">
        <acceptOnMatch value="true" />
        <levelMin value="INFO" />
        <levelMax value="FATAL" />
      </filter>
        <conversionPattern value="%date [%thread] %-5level %logger [%property{NDC}] - %message%newline" />
      </layout>
    </appender>

Thanks,