Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <DH...@schubergphilis.com> on 2014/02/26 11:55:39 UTC

license analysis

H,

I made contact with Armijn Hemel (Tjaldur Software Governance Solutions) who scans software for the purpose of making sure no unwanted licenses are in products. I am going to ask him to look at a Jenkins 4.3 build and talk about the results. He does this for a living so money may be involved but he is also a oss enthusiast so maybe not so much.

Will let you know,
Daan

Re: license analysis

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
It seems Armijn wants to go much further then we and wants EURO 600. I
stopped negotiating for the moment. What he plans to do is investigate
all source of transient dependencies and compare to licensed source.
He might add some value in a court situation we are now looking at
claimed licenses on packages and not for source investigation.

I think we need to go with what we know.

did we come up with other dependencies then the mysql one that might
be blocking? If not spin up the RC

--
Daan

Re: license analysis