Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ashutosh Satyam <as...@alopa.com> on 2004/03/11 06:52:10 UTC

On usage of Resource Bundle

Hi,
 I needed one small clarification regarding the usage of resource bundle.
My web application is divided into two sub modules i.e. basically the
application uses two struts configuration file.
     I'm going to have only one resource bundle. Now, is it necessary to have <message-resources>
tag configured in both the struts configuration file? Will providing the configuration at one
place won't suffice? Since, MessageResources objects are created by the controller i.e. ActionServlet and saved
in the ServletContext using either a generic key Globals.MESSAGES_KEY or the key provided as part
of the 'key' attribute.
   So, I feel it should be accessible to the Action classes, which are part of
the other struts configuration file too.

Is my understanding correct? Anyone who can provide me a better insight on the same
will be useful.

Regards,
Ashutosh