Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/07 00:13:48 UTC

OpenOffice Events calendar needs community help!

Just a reminder that we have an OpenOffice Events calendar that could
use some updating. This calendar on the Cwiki needs participation by
everybody to keep it up to date. Anyone of our community attending an
open source event is certainly welcome to add the event to this wiki
page. It's a good way to let others know where they can find an
OpenOffice "fan" for face-to-face contact.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Events+Calendar

There's been an ongoing discussion since mid-April of this year about
how to produce a regular listing of events involving ASF projects.
(email reference/thread:
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@community.apache.org/msg04240.html)

Honestly, I haven't kept up with the procedure for this, but it would be
great if OpenOffice events/meetups could be added to this regular
announcement. Keeping our Events page up to date would go a long way to
participating in the ASF announcements for events.

Updating this only involves a cwiki account. So don't be shy about
requesting an account if you don't already have one.

Please forward this to other lists as needed.

Thanks.
MzK

“The journey of a thousand miles begins
 with a single step.”
                          --Lao Tzu

Re: OpenOffice Events calendar needs community help!

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 07/09/2015 Kay Schenk wrote:
> It's a good way to let others know where they can find an
> OpenOffice "fan" for face-to-face contact.
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Events+Calendar
>
> There's been an ongoing discussion since mid-April of this year about
> how to produce a regular listing of events involving ASF projects.

In the end, it is now a periodic mail from Rich. Example:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/community-dev/201508.mbox/%3C55CA39CA.2080003%40rcbowen.com%3E

It says: "If you know of others, please let me [Rich, so rbowen at
apache.org] know, and/or add them to http://apache.org/events".

To do the latter, one would run
$ svn co
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/infrastructure/site/trunk/content/events/
and then edit meetups.mdtext as needed. I don't know who can commit to
it, but at worst one can send a patch to dev at community.apache.org and
have it applied.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: OpenOffice Events calendar needs community help!

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
On 09/07/2015 10:59 PM, Jörg Schmidt wrote:
>> From: Kay Schenk [mailto:kay.schenk@gmail.com]
>
>> I think adding this event would be fine, and hopefully
>> someone from the
>> AOO community will be there. Actually, this was my intention
>> in posting
>> this email -- to include "non-official" events lacking awareness by us
>> but that might have general interest to the AOO community.
>
> ok, I have entered the exhibition "OpenRheinRuhr".
>

> Greetings,
> Jörg

Yes, I saw this! Thank you for contributing this item and have fun at
the event!

Posted by Jörg Schmidt <jo...@j-m-schmidt.de>.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jörg Schmidt <jo...@j-m-schmidt.de>.