Posted to dev@toree.apache.org by Ryan Brown <ry...@weather.com> on 2016/07/18 14:17:15 UTC

Contributing to Toree

All,

I was on the site and cant navigate to a "contributing" page, as indicated.
Is there a proper way to become involved with this project?

I ask as an IBMer. We are developing an application that will submit
dynamic spark jobs. We would rather build for continuous deployment, robust
testing, etc. That often raises the challenges that you enumerate: jars on
the cluster, system constraints, etc.

Let me know how I can help. This project seems like something I would like
to work on, both for our project and the community!

*Ryan **Brown *
Sr. Software Engineer
ryan.brown@weather.com

Re: Contributing to Toree

Posted by Chip Senkbeil <ch...@gmail.com>.
To get involved with the project, all you need to do is pick up a JIRA.

Here's the list of open JIRAs for 0.1.0:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOREE-299?jql=project%20%3D%20TOREE%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%200.1.0%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20DESC

Here's a list of all of our JIRAs:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOREE-299?jql=project%20%3D%20TOREE%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20ORDER%20BY%20fixVersion%20ASC%2C%20priority%20DESC

We have others working on PRs such as adding Spark 2.0 support, Scala 2.11
support, etc. at https://github.com/apache/incubator-toree/pulls

Essentially, we're open to any contribution. That also includes
documentation, which can be found at
https://github.com/apache/incubator-toree-website

If there's something you would like to do or try, just mention it on the
mailing list and we can provide advice, where to look, etc.