Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Dale Christ <de...@yahoo.com> on 2004/02/01 05:03:38 UTC

Re: Something I noticed in blog

--- Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> wrote:
> Dale Christ wrote:
>
> >I'm not sure to be honest, as this is my first blogging site ;)
> >
> >Seriously, though, I can see advantages and disadvantages either
> way.
> >>From what I'm seeing, a Blog should go from authoring -> live  ->
> >archiving.  To me anyway, it might flow a little better, and you
> have
> >one copy of a given blog.
> >

> to me it seems that when an entry is being published it
> should also be archived at the same time, resp. listed within the
> archive.

Okay, I never thought of that.  I like that idea.

> Concerning the number of entries on the "frontpage" this should be
> configurable
> within the blog publication (which isn't really possible yet, except
> by
> modifying the XSLT)
>
> Makes sense?

How about this.  How about the number of *days* entries live in
authoring and live.  Everything is (more or less) stored by date
(2004/01/28).  I think that after a set number of days (15 for
example), don't publish them anymore, or just list the date, and have
the user pull the date that he wants to see.  After 30 days, delete
them from authoring and live, but keep them in authoring.  Have the
creator figure out what to do with them.