Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave Johnson <sn...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/19 16:31:36 UTC

Committer membership in Roller project blog? (was Re: Confusing Downloads links)

On 6/19/06, Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org> wrote:
> Still broken by a minor typo.  The "Quick Link" on the blog is now pointing
> to the nonexistent "DownloadPag" (missing e) on the wiki.

Doh! Fixed.

> The actual "DownloadPage" looks great.  Thanks.  I think this will resolve
> the confusion.

Good.

> There have been several discussions about where to put the project site and
> what technology to use.  One criterion I would like to introduce is that the
> "official" project site should have equal access to all committers.  I have
> access to the present wiki, though I remember having problems fixing some
> image/attachment issues before because it required some local filesystem
> access.  In the present case, I think the Quick Links are on a template in
> the blog to which I don't have access to fix myself.  On a proper project
> site any of us should just be able to go in and fix this kind of thing.

Absolutely. Until we have project site setup at Apache, I'd be happy
to make all existing commiters members of the Roller project blog at
rollerweblogger.org.

Send me your desired username and I'll set you up (Lance already has
an account).

- Dave

Re: Committer membership in Roller project blog? (was Re: Confusing Downloads links)

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
inlined below

>> Still broken by a minor typo.  The "Quick Link" on the blog is now
>> pointing
>> to the nonexistent "DownloadPag" (missing e) on the wiki.
>
> Doh! Fixed.
>
>> The actual "DownloadPage" looks great.  Thanks.  I think this will
>> resolve
>> the confusion.
>
> Good.
>

>> There have been several discussions about where to put the project site
>> and
>> what technology to use.  One criterion I would like to introduce is that
>> the
>> "official" project site should have equal access to all committers.  I
>> have
>> access to the present wiki, though I remember having problems fixing some
>> image/attachment issues before because it required some local filesystem
>> access.  In the present case, I think the Quick Links are on a template
>> in
>> the blog to which I don't have access to fix myself.  On a proper project
>> site any of us should just be able to go in and fix this kind of thing.
>
> Absolutely. Until we have project site setup at Apache, I'd be happy
> to make all existing commiters members of the Roller project blog at
> rollerweblogger.org.

That does it!

> Send me your desired username and I'll set you up (Lance already has
> an account).

gangolli

If it needs to match the wiki username, that is currently "agangolli".  But
I actually prefer that we make them all gangolli, if possible.

--a.

Posted by Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com>.

Dave Johnson wrote:

> Absolutely. Until we have project site setup at Apache, I'd be happy
> to make all existing commiters members of the Roller project blog at
> rollerweblogger.org.
>
> Send me your desired username and I'll set you up (Lance already has
> an account).

agilliland

-- Allen

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.
Holly sh** - Lance is blogging again?!  I can't believe it. ;-)

Matt

Posted by Dave Johnson <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Raible <mr...@gmail.com>.
On 6/19/06, Dave Johnson <sn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/19/06, Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org> wrote:
> > Still broken by a minor typo.  The "Quick Link" on the blog is now pointing
> > to the nonexistent "DownloadPag" (missing e) on the wiki.
>
> Doh! Fixed.
>
> > The actual "DownloadPage" looks great.  Thanks.  I think this will resolve
> > the confusion.
>
> Good.
>

> > There have been several discussions about where to put the project site and
> > what technology to use.  One criterion I would like to introduce is that the
> > "official" project site should have equal access to all committers.  I have
> > access to the present wiki, though I remember having problems fixing some
> > image/attachment issues before because it required some local filesystem
> > access.  In the present case, I think the Quick Links are on a template in
> > the blog to which I don't have access to fix myself.  On a proper project
> > site any of us should just be able to go in and fix this kind of thing.
>
> Absolutely. Until we have project site setup at Apache, I'd be happy
> to make all existing commiters members of the Roller project blog at
> rollerweblogger.org.
>
> Send me your desired username and I'll set you up (Lance already has
> an account).

mraible