Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Brendan cheng <cc...@hotmail.com> on 2012/02/05 06:09:37 UTC

Pivot web demos fails in Safari in Mac OS

Hi,

I just found that Pivot web demos doesn't load up properly in Mac Lion with Safari, Chrome and FireFox.The kitchen sink demos has an error of failed to find the resource page which I attached the screenshot.At the same, it was displayed fine in Windows IE after a long loading time.
Component explorer demo failed in both systems.
Any known issue with this?
Brendan

Re: Pivot web demos fails in Safari in Mac OS

Posted by ccp999 <cc...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Sandro,

I will setup console with log to catch the crash and post here.

Thanks,

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brendan,
sorry for the delay ...

Sometimes I had load failures on Windows too (Pivot web site at
Apache, like other Apache web sites is a live snapshot of svn
repository, so some problem of this type could happen), so when
happens I try to close all browser instances and clean Java cache
(even installed applets and jars, from the related command in the Java
plugin) ... and this solve my problems, I understand that this is not
the best, but it happens only "sometimes" (and in my case only few
times) so I don't think it's a big issue, and could be dependent to
low bandwith or other network things.

A useful trick is to tell the Java Plugin to Open the Console, maybe
some other info could be written there (and you can even set an higher
log level), then post here ...

Important:
note that for example with any version of Java 7 on Windows 64 even
the download of jars hangs (even non-Pivot, the update of eclipse,
netbeans, etc), I opened last year an issue at Oracle on this but it's
still open, and in this case we can't do so much.

Can you try and tell us something ?
And if someone other with Mac can try (I'm sorry but I can't) ...

Thanks,
Sandro

Re: Pivot web demos fails in Safari in Mac OS

Posted by ccp999 <cc...@hotmail.com>.
I sometimes still experience failure of loading pivot demos.  I provided few
screenshots regarding my setting for Java Applet in Mac Lion.  I wonder the
problem may related to the packets lost during Applet loading.  If so,  is
there any simple way of telling?  or somehow, an effective way of retry?

So, you guys never experience in the Windows, right?

http://apache-pivot-users.399431.n3.nabble.com/file/n3892105/Screen_Shot_2012-04-07_at_12.19.10_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2012-04-07_at_12.19.10_PM.png
http://apache-pivot-users.399431.n3.nabble.com/file/n3892105/Screen_Shot_2012-04-07_at_12.19.46_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2012-04-07_at_12.19.46_PM.png
http://apache-pivot-users.399431.n3.nabble.com/file/n3892105/Screen_Shot_2012-04-07_at_12.20.58_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2012-04-07_at_12.20.58_PM.png
http://apache-pivot-users.399431.n3.nabble.com/file/n3892105/Screen_Shot_2012-04-07_at_12.22.26_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2012-04-07_at_12.22.26_PM.png
http://apache-pivot-users.399431.n3.nabble.com/file/n3892105/Screen_Shot_2012-04-07_at_12.20.26_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2012-04-07_at_12.20.26_PM.png
http://apache-pivot-users.399431.n3.nabble.com/file/n3892105/Screen_Shot_2012-04-07_at_12.20.39_PM.png

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brendan,
I'm sorry, I haven't a Mac PC to try so I can't say for sure ... but
in last days I have seen a general slowdown during download of Pivot
Demos from the Site. I think your problem could be related to slow
network, because in many of my tests all works good (both Applet and
Web Start).

If you want, you can even try both war files in a local Tomcat (they
are inside the binary distro, or you can build from source distro),
and they contain the same Demos and Tutorials published in the main
web site).

Or for example you can try to run the other demos hosted on
GoogleCode, like this:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PIVOT/Other+Demos

Keep us updated.

Bye,