Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by alex bohr <al...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/29 18:07:47 UTC

Namenode doesn't accurately know datanodes free-space

I see that the Namenode always reports datanodes as having about 5% more
space then they actually do.

And I recently added some smaller datanodes into the cluster and the drives
filled up to 100%, not respecting the 5GB I had reserved for Map Reduce
with this property from mapred-site.xml:
    <property>
      <name>dfs.datanode.du.reserved</name>
      <value>5368709120</value>
    </property>

Has anyone else experienced this behavior?

RE: Namenode doesn't accurately know datanodes free-space

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@huawei.com>.
Dear Alex

"""Has anyone else experienced this behavior?""""

Yes, I had also experienced and raised jira for same..

Please have look on following issue..

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@huawei.com>.
Dear Alex

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@huawei.com>.